Friday 10 August 2018

An awkward poem

This'll be an awkward poem.
I hope you can see beyond it!
If the creepiness puts you off -
Thinking its imaginary will fit.

I was returning from office
One rainy drizzling evening...
Looking from the cab window,
Something made my heart sing!

Completely unexpected behold -
On road, I saw one ex-colleague.
Her hair shorter, much slimmer;
But familiar style and physique.

A split second and car moved on,
But memories lingered long after...
Years back I'd taken her interview.
Poised she replied as she'd muster!

The panel rejected, but I had pushed.
Weak experience but I saw a spark...
Now I wonder if the spark I saw -
Was within me which did I mark?

Biased I was, we hit off from start.
From co-worker to a companion -
Soon I was conversing from heart!
I was a kind senior she leaned on...

But I was nursing a broken heart -
Recovering a breakup from scratch.
And my parents were now up to
Finding for me an arranged match!

A stupid me then contemplated -
With my colleague I'd run away...
Far from the maddening crowds
In melody, our hearts would sway...

But such dreams were shattered,
As she handed her wedding card
Along with a planned resignation!
Soon she'd vanished forever after.

And a shallow me had soon forgotten...
Amidst my projects and amusements.
Until one day returning from office -
I see her on the road for a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment