Saturday 16 March 2013

My dear white fairy

My dear white fairy,
Now that you disappeared...
I miss you so very much!

I had read about you in stories,
Seen you in movies...
But never believed you lived!

With your milky white skin,
And your perfect rosy blush
Every time you would smile...

I think I saw you first,
During ragging sessions in college...
You seemed too perfect for me then!

Then I forgot about you
Obsessed with someone else,
Till our common Semantics module!

We were in the same project group!
How excited I was to be together...
And I'd share Norah Jones with you...

You always seemed so ethereal,
Never true... so you remained
A dream, and I faced the blues...

Years later after college,
We are in the same city...
Under the same drab skyline...

It was a Diwali evening,
A gathering at a friends place...
A cook-in and a sleep-in...

We cooked together,
Saw a lovely movie...
That night I dreamt of you...

But no matter how hard
I tried to win your attention,
You never gave in...

Then I gave up,
Someone else came in...
And I lost you forever!

My dear white fairy,
Now that you are gone...
How much I really... miss you!



No comments:

Post a Comment