Saturday 16 March 2013

My first love

It's hard to recall,
It's been so long ago...
You were 14 and I 15,
Classmates at same school...

To everyone it was an impossible match,
How could the school topper,
Fall for a dreamer, an artist at heart?
Yet we did, and became a school legend!

You were so tall and proud,
The teachers adored you...
But I stooped low... a misfit,
But for my paintings, I was loved too!

I loved your husky voice,
Your humour, your mild perfume...
You topped every exam,
While I struggled to stay afloat...

Years passed,
But our charisma remained...
We were both mysteries,
In our own worlds...

Only with you
I would really talk,
For hours and hours...
While you'd gently nod.

Tough times came,
Board and competitive exams....
I barely managed decent scores,
While you were all India topper!

You went to a premier medical school,
In Pondichery... beautiful campus...
I got into a rotten private college,
But it was walking distance from home.

I sent you long loving letters,
You would reply too...
But one day you lied,
And decided to call it off...

I didn't understand...
I didn't know what to do...
But you were firm,
Yet your voice cracked...

The last phone call,
I told I loved you...
You cried...
And it was all...

Many many years later,
When you were getting married,
Again you gave me a call...
I didn't come... I couldn't stand it at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment