Monday 21 November 2011

'Pagla' Drummer!

'Pagla' (mad) drummer was the name given to me while I did my engineering studies. I indeed was crazy those days... I took up the responsibility of organizing a bunch of chaotic individuals into a coherent 'college band', repaired the college drum kit and other musical equipment, and used to bang the drums so violently that I had almost wrecked the entire drum kit once at our college fest (duly taken back to the shop and repaired by me again).

Those were the days, I loved to wear head-bands and arm-bands on stage and flipped my head so hard playing that I regularly broke my glasses! Here's a pic of me behind the drums on a college fest performance....



My career(:-P) as a drummer began when I had just completed my class 12 board exams and was waiting for college admissions. My elder brother had a few months before joining his new job and got me drum kit! He played guitars and we played a lot together before he drifted away....

Then thankfully the drumming frenzy continued as I did my post grad in IITB. This time I could play better kits that our hostel music rooms provided....

Even now the bug haunts me and in spite of staying in a tiny 8foot by 8foot room in a PG in Bangalore I ended up buying an electronic drum kit! It plays like a dream and I hope I can continue with my passion further with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment